Can corals of the same species be near each other.

Pilotkev55

Reefing newb
I have a few different color zoanthids, I was thinking about grouping some of them together. Do they attack each other if they are not grown together from the start?

Most people group them together so they grow together, unless you intend to frag them and re-sell them lol.

+1 on the goggles. I fragged one a few weeks ago and the juice shot out and hit me in the cheek. Thankfully it missed my eye, because I was NOT wearing goggles. Never again lol.

Most people group them together so they grow together, unless you intend to frag them and re-sell them lol.

+1 on the goggles. I fragged one a few weeks ago and the juice shot out and hit me in the cheek. Thankfully it missed my eye, because I was NOT wearing goggles. Never again lol.

Holy Crap!
Your guardian angel was working overtime for you lol.

After seeing actual pictures of what zoanthid/palythoa juice could do to your eyes (and body), I no longer take any chances.
I don't even let my kids hang around near me when I'm fragging.

That's what she said. :shock:
I lol'd so hard I spilled the drink I was holding. :mrgreen:
Holy Crap!
Your guardian angel was working overtime for you lol.

After seeing actual pictures of what zoanthid/palythoa juice could do to your eyes (and body), I no longer take any chances.
I don't even let my kids hang around near me when I'm fragging.

After that happened, I'll never do it without at least sunglasses or something. Gloves I'm ehhh about. But my eyes, I won't be taking any chances on again lol.

I wouldn't put to torch next to a hammer of a frogspawn but a hammer with a hammer, torch with a torch and frogspawn with a frogspawn should be ok. Just keep an eye on them and give them room if you start to see less polyp extension or tissue damage.

Back