Can i add a sand fall to my salt water tank?

MrCdots

Hook,line,empty wallet
lol i need to ask this question as these sand falls look really good and was wondering if i can put one in a 75 gallon salt water tank?

"Additionally, where the sand falls is affected greatly by other currents in the tank, and it will inevitably fall outside of the reservoir. This means this effect is not the most practical for everyday use, as using it with a filter would probably blow the falling sand everywhere else in your tank."

The only problem I see with that is that saltwater tanks require a ton more flow than freshwater tanks. The sand would get blown all over the place -- even more so than with just a filter in a freshwater tank (like in the paragraph above from the website). I don't see how you would contain the sand in a saltwater tank that has powerheads, but it is a very cool looking idea.

Thanks, now i can get my mind off it, as i really wanted one with live rock. I no they can handle a current but i also have 3 power heads so I'm sure i would move the sand out and about in my tank!!!

Thanks, cheers and have a wonderful day

My scooter dragonet would love that lol.
It would just hang out where the sand falls and pick off pods that get thrown down with it. It will get lazy and stop prowling.

More than likely though you will end up with sand smoothie in the tank when this is used in a reef tank setting.

Back