Can I add stuff now??

But, There's been a disaster...

I went to a 3 day trip and when i came back, this was waiting for me...
IMG_3388.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG
IMG_3390.JPG
IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3392.JPG

Just so depressing... It looks so dirty... I'm actually surprised that nothing died... But the brown thing just kind of took over the tank... It's everywhere! It's on the glass, the crushed corals, the live rock, the power head and hose... What's this brown thing? How can i get rid of it? Oh wait, do i need to get rid of it? :(

Diatom bloom from the looks of it. Normal for a new tank but ugly. Diatoms feed of silicates as long as you arent adding more it will eventually die off. You need to be doing water changes with rodi water. Clean the glass blow off the rocks suck out what you can during water changes. On the rock...looks like a type of feather duster, should not be a problem.

You're not a real Reefer until your tank suddenly looks like crap for no reason. Lol
Ted's got you covered, good luck!

@Big K Exactly! I didn't expect it actually, I'm just relieved to know that it's normal... I'll show you an update soon...

And I wanna say thanks to @Ted ... He's been a helping me A LOT...

Tried to look for some snails... My LFS recommends a foxface... I'm still thinking it over... What do you think? :)

Is this a 15 gallon tank?

A Foxface needs a 125 to be stress free. I wouldn't listen to a damn thing your store guy says if he recommended that for your tank.

Yeah... It's a 15g...

I read about foxfaces... you're right! they need a big ass tank to be happy... And besides, the diatom bloom looks fading already (for now..lol)

I'm a bit worried now because I'll be gone again. And this time it'll be for about a week... wonder what will happen to my tank after my thailand tour...

Any suggestions to avoid another disaster from happening? :)

Back