Can i buy a sump already assembled?

Teixeira29

Live Rock Fish only
I have been doing alot of reading about sumps and i am just to overwelmed i dont know what to do? I am hearing alot negative things about canister filters. I have never had a sump before i dont know where to begin! I dont want to be bothered in drilling holes in my tank,etc. Can i just buy one that is already put together? Some one help me please!

you dont have to drill a hole in your tank to use a sump. they make overflow boxes for that. and if you go and buy a 20 gal tank you can make a sump cheap with a couple peices of plexi or glass and some silicone. cost of maybe 80 dollars as compared to upwards of 300 dollars or more or a little less

I had a custom sump made by www.SapphireAquatics.com
They're local to me so I didn't have to worry about shipping.
There are other companies out there that offer them premade as well.
But Kyle at Sapphire does really nice work.
Mine cost me about $200. I really didn't feel like making one. And kyle even drilled a hole to hold a john guest valve for when I hooked up my auto top off system. He also made made me a top off container. No pics of that set up yet but here is my new sump. I just had to place it in my stand and run the plumbing and drop in my protein skimmer and fuge stuff.

431039690_8jroJ-L.jpg

438148619_QLzo4-O.jpg

My sump and skimmer and everything was made by www.lifereef.com

Both Reeffreak and I have these and im amazed by the quality of the product, he also ships everything you will need down to the teflon tape.
Check out either of our build threads to see them.

Tex- it's really not that bad once you get the parts, but it's def confusing at first! With a good overflow box and a good pump, it's not too bad. I didn't end up leaving my sump because it was too noisy and didn't fit well under my tank - when I take it down next spring (going away for a year) I'm going to get a better stand where it'll fit - but I did have it set up and I'm not plumber, and it wasn't terrible! A good hardware store will have most of the plumbing supplied you need.

d2mini - awesome hardwood floor btw!

I found a sump for my tank on that site that you gave me, its actually the one that you took a picture of. Ok i have the sump what else do i need for it? I also want to put one fish in the sump can i do that?

You can put a small fish if the sump has a refugium section.Don't get a jumper,though.

You will need an overflow box,return pump and plumbing hardware.

I found a sump for my tank on that site that you gave me, its actually the one that you took a picture of. Ok i have the sump what else do i need for it? I also want to put one fish in the sump can i do that?
i dont know why you would, it adds to your bio load and you cant even see the fish all the time, but yes you can if you want to

what would be the reason for putting a fish in the sump.?....just curious...

Also, My sump will be here on Friday along with the CPR overflow, skimmer, return pump. I didnt order any supplies and I dont know if it comes with a bulkhead (I thought that I read it does) but I assumed I would go to Lowes and get all of that stuff. I want to use PVC for all of the plumbing and my question is this....do I just use the teflon tape on the PVC or do I use some PVC glue?

Back