Can I have a clam?

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Got a 150 watt MH and one each of Blue-reef Chromis , Mandarin Goby, Pajama Cardinal, Skunk Cleaner shrimp, Purple Firefish. May move a Tail-spot Blenny in soon.

I've had problems keeping cal above 400 but I'm going to a kalkwasser drip.

Will any of my fish nip at a clam?

Do I really need a 6-line to kill clam-eating parasites? (A 6-line would of course eat my shrimp).

My ph has been a little low lately.

I'd say go for it, that sounds like a good list that's compatible with a clam. I have a crocea under 150 watts and no, I don't have a six line neither.

When I saw the title "Can I have a clam?" my mind started repeating: me too, me too, me too! I really want one but don't think my tank is ready. Let us know if you get one and post some pics for me to drool over!

Definitely go for it. They're not hard to care for at all. As long as you have stable water params you'll be good. Make sure it gets good light and good flow.

What are the requirements for keeping clams? I know that they need good lighting, but what about other feedings and other additives like calcium?

What are the requirements for keeping clams? I know that they need good lighting, but what about other feedings and other additives like calcium?

they are filter feeders so you can add zooplex or phyto to the tank but it is not needed. just a mature tank with good lights and a medium flow

Back