Can I use PraziPro in a Copper Tank?

1geo

Reefing newb
I've been treating a Percula Clownfish in a copper tank, .25ppm, for 12 days. I also want to treat her with PraziPro. Can I treat her in the copper tank or should I want until the copper treatment is finished and she's back in her regular tank? Thanks for any info, 1geo

What copper med are you using? That dosage is too low to be effective for Cupramine or CopperSafe.

Ohh....the directions for PraziPro say....
"Do not use with other drugs or disease treatments."

Last edited:
Ohh....the directions for PraziPro say....
"Do not use with other drugs or disease treatments."

That's probably just CYA on their part... According to my quick bout of research on "teh interwebz", the two meds are compatible, and its recommended to use them in conjunction with each other (if using both) to minimize the time the fish needs to be in QT.

Thanks for the input. I agree with Bifferwine reducing the time in quarantine is a significant consideration. I also have read that these are compatible treatments but after reading the bottle warning was concerned. I'm going forward with the treatment and will post the results.

Now I have the added problem of having to treat this clown with formalin for clownfish disease since copper will not cure Brooklynella. I am using an ionic copper called SeaCure by Aquarium Systems. I called them today to see if I could add formalin to my copper tank and they said I could since formalin is compatible with both copper and PraziPro. I added the PraziPro yesterday after a 20% water exchange. I will wait 5 days, do a 40% exchange and then add the formalin. I'll leave her in that for an additional 5 days. Mean while, I will treat the tank she came out of with Revive; I've already treated the tank with PraziPro.

I finally got my clown out of the QT tank and she in my 40 gal tank; so far so good. She was in 20% Copper with PraziPro and for the last nine days she was also in Formalin, 1 cc per 10 gals. At the very end she showed signs of extreme stress so I ended the treatment and put her in my 40 gal tank, so far so good. She has been in there for 5 days and shown no stress or symptoms.

Back