can I use this plant in saltwater

Well ya you could but it wont look nice for very long. Algae will start growing on it and the snails wont be able to clean it. I had some fake stuff in my first tank was more of a headache then anything.

+1 Ted also those artificial plants give the marine tanks more of a freshwater look but if that is what you like you can certainly do it. You will just have to clean it regularly.

Have you done your research with the dwarfs? They are super hard to keep, most people cant keep them longer than 2 months. And they only eat live foods, so you will need to be culturing brine shrimp daily.

They are also very easily killed off by aiptasia and any sort of hydroids, which are brought in on live rock. Which is why people who do set up dwarf tanks cycle them from totally dry rock.

No offense, but considering all of the types of thread you have posted and your general experience you are not going to be able to keep these guys alive. This guys are expert only for a reason.

I have done my reserch and am willing to pay the cost if they die but on the other hand I would like to know what is the best type of decor that I could buy at petco for a 10 gallon dwarf seahorse fish tank

I would stick with the plastic plants, really any of them will do just fine, but the ones with an already weighted bottom are easier to deal with. Please make sure you are buying them from a captive breed site. This is a good place: Seahorse Source - Hippocampus zosterae

Also, I want you to realize that you arent paying any real price if they die. Yes, you might be out a few bucks, but they are dead. DEAD. They pay the price, not you.

+1 fish....great that you have the funds, but you'd be wasting a life by thinking in those terms.

Careful with the weighted fake plants...I'm on another forum for a betta tank and one of them mentioned that they found that the base of their particular fake plant turned out to have some type of metal and it rusted.

What about getting some macro algae for them to hitch to instead of fake plants?

Have you really researched seahorses? The pet data sheet at Petco doesnt count. If you've spent any amount of time reading on the well respected sea horse sites, you'd already have the answer to this question

Last edited:
I dont like how people will just buy another when its dead. They're missing the point of keeping live animals.

Back