can I use this........

mennazeher04

Reefing newb
Hey can I use PHYTOPLEX to feed my leather coral and my other corals which are purple mushrooms,green zoas,and my frogspawn? Or do you recommend something else?

You can use that. The frogspawn will also take meaty foods like mysis or brine. You can place some of the meat on its tentacles, and if it sticks, it will carry it to its mouth.

Those other corals you listed don't need feedings though. They will do just fine with light alone. Adding too much liquid coral food can hurt your water quality, so be careful.

All those corals you mentioned get all they need from the water column and lighting. I dont see anything that would benefit from the phyto.

I fed the frag tank with 1/4 teaspoon of 2 Little Fishes Phytoplan last night. I just dumped it in the overflow and turned off the skimmer for the night.

Everybody looks fat-n-happy this morning. Turned the skimmer back on about 10 minutes ago. Water change tomorrow.

Some of the pods and such will like the phyto.And those will breed more with will produce more zooplankton food for other stuff in the tank.:D

Back