Can Ich just go away?

You want to kill Ich, just dose the crap out of your system with copper. That will do ya. And for a bonus, it stays in the glass. Hope you don't have any real Live Rock or inverts or corals.
if it came down to me having to put copper in my tank i think i would just take it down because it gets into everything and i love my little shrimpys and other critters in there

Thats the extreme. But, there are not to many sure fire cures out there. Best bet is to ride it out and not stress the crap out of any of the fish, make sure they are eating well, throw in some garlic soaked food, and.....Well, you know the rest. My Hippo had it just a few months ago, but, he weathered the storm and is just fine.

Just wondering why that matters. Many if not most guys here care about all their tanks inhabitants like me.

And yes ich can go away but not leave the tank without treatment as far as I can see.

Same with my hippo but it was only for a few days and it was eating seaweed strips and wallah looks great and the colors look better than new.

well i wasnt sure, i know i had a ich out break and i have a few inverts, at the time no corals and i was ready to cry, i lost 1 fish from it but then i started a small tank up and treated them. i thought i got it all and i went away for a weekend and my hubby called me and told me ich was back. and he took pics to send to me, and when i gothome there was a few small spots and then with in a week or so there was nothing and since ive added a few fish and there just peachy :D

Back