Can someone explain Kalk Drip?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
What is this, where do you get it, and is the results different than raising Alk with something like a Brightwell Alk Buffer? I keep seeing it suggested for controlling dinos.

i have the ESV kalk or you can get the bulkreef supply kalk if you can not find the pickling lime. no one here in billings has it.

Good link Capt.

Since I already have separate products that raise alk and calcium, can I just use those or is there still something different with this lime stuff? Does the ph only go up with the lime?

It depends on your rate of consumption. Kalk is usually used in top off water. If you can maintain your levels by using kalk in your top off water, that's all you need. The thing with kalk is you can only make it a certain strength (2 tbsp/gal max, but it can be weaker), so if you have a somewhat low demand you may be OK. I used kalk (Mrs Wages) in the past, but it alone couldn't keep up with the demand.

Calcium supplements won't affect pH. Depending on exactly which alk supplement you use, it may or may not affect pH.

Back