Can someone tell me step by step how to build a sump

Just read the label. Anything that is 100% silicone will work. If it's 97.9999999999999999% silicone--it won't work.

100% is the only stuff that will work and you can get it at just about any big box store for $1 per tube.

For building baffles, set the tank on it's end. Stack up books and magazines to get the spacing where you want the baffle. Put the baffle on top of the books and run a bead of silicone. Let it dry and take the books out. Set up more books and magazines on top of that baffle and set the next baffle in place. Flip the tank over and set it on the other end. Repeat as necessary.

hey thanks for that tip rc i was starting to wonder how i could hold tho baffles there with out making a mess.this should be very helpful. thanks

I didn't get to get the new aquarium. Apparently I have either a herniated disc in my neck or a really bad pulled muscle. I am getting an MRI soon. So I couldn't go and help my hubby load it up. We don't really have anyone else to help. Oh well. If she still has it when I feeling better, we will get it then. Thanks for the help!

Back