Can turbo snails starve?

Piratefish

SPS Freak
I have 3 large turbo snails and no algae. I am running a turf scrubber and there is no algae in the tank. Should I get rid of one or two?

Yep, I agree. They can/will starve to death. But just because you don't see any algae doesn't mean there isn't anything in there for them to eat.

I also run a scrubber. I assure you they will die if you don't feed them...Been through it myself. I have to feed mine just to keep them going. Since I've got alot of herbivores I can't tie a algae sheet up, they can't get to it in time, the fish will eat it.

I have to actually tear a piece of algae off, grab the snail, and set him right on top of the algae sheet.

Thats alot of work for a snail:shock:...

You're preaching to the choir. Even though they're snails I would feel bad if they died because of me neglecting them...Which is weird because I can walk outside my house and kill a duck, deer, pheasant, squirrel and not think twice about it. I guess that's the difference between pets and food.

No,i get it...if your going to have it in there,may as well do your best to keep it alive....
i don't think i'd eat squirrel though

So you don't feel like a total tool continuously hunting down a freaking snail and laying it on top of a piece of seaweed to feed it?

So you don't feel like a total tool continuously hunting down a freaking snail and laying it on top of a piece of seaweed to feed it?

They're only called "Turbo" snails...They're actually kinda' slow.:D And No I don't..I will not be picked on much longer by you suckas. You will feel my WRATH!!:D:mrgreen:

I bet his turbo has a name. And when it's feeding time, he calls his name out gently...

Yes, that's exactly how I do it...and when he gets too dirty I shave him like you do to your 87 cats!:D

Now leave me alone, it's feeding time..

"Here pooky....it's din din time".

Until you started picking on me I was considering naming him Biff......Lucky I didn't do that.....

Back