can we use foam in our tanks.

hey chuy!!!...im from san antonio also!!!
anyway...u gotta b careful as far as what kinda foam u use of course.
i wouldnt know which ones are good personally but i had a buddy so something similar with fiberglass resin and polyester to aquascape.
also i would wait at least 48 hrs for foam to cure.

ok well this is what im doing it looks better in person...its a wall.
i added the foam and the the crush coral...now to wait to see what it looks like i didnt add sand because i wanted to look like it was only rock..
IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

I'll be curious to see how this idea works out for you. I must admit I'm a bit skeptical because while it might look great, be lightweight, and far less expensive than rock, I would be concerned that it wouldn't offer the same filtering capacity that live rock offers. I'd also be concerned that as fish pick at stuff on live rocks, they might eat off a piece of foam in the process. Let us know how it goes!

The wall would be more of a back ground.
I was think for my rock to make crazy landscapes..
With the foam..but if I take the live rock out of the water. To let the foam dry it won't be live rock.

I'll be curious to see how this idea works out for you. I must admit I'm a bit skeptical because while it might look great, be lightweight, and far less texpensive than rock, I would be concerned that it wouldn't offer the same filtering capacity that live rock offers. I'd also be concerned that as fish pick at stuff on live rocks, they might eat off a piece of foam in the process. Let us know how it goes!

Good point, or points.
If you glue rocks to the foam it be ok.
When try to eat foam its won't teast right and troll it back out.

Back