Can you help identify some things?

Osajus

Reefing newb
Hello again,

I was hoping someone could help me identify some things growing.

First up, I think is some kind of stony coral?

Next, I have these tube-like things growing all over. They are coiled once at the base, then extend up. They often have a fine thread coming from them which extend 6-8 inches.

I know these last two are crappy pictures, sorry in advance.

I had this red/black centipede-like worm pop his head out for a few minutes. Bristle worm?

I have had this jelly like thing on my live rock for several months now. It does not appear to be growing or moving. Its a milky white color with green/brown spots.

Last edited:
1. Looks like macro algae.

2. Some kind of harmless tube worm

3. Bristle worm - tank cleaner

4. Sponge - good for filtration

Hello again,

I was hoping someone could help me identify some things growing.

First up, I think is some kind of stony coral?

Next, I have these tube-like things growing all over. They are coiled once at the base, then extend up. They often have a fine thread coming from them which extend 6-8 inches.

I know these last two are crappy pictures, sorry in advance.

I had this red/black centipede-like worm pop his head out for a few minutes. Bristle worm?

I have had this jelly like thing on my live rock for several months now. It does not appear to be growing or moving. Its a milky white color with green/brown spots.

vermetid snails aint they the ones that have sticky spider like silk coming out of their mouths to catch stuff in the water column?

mine were interesting at first but then started to spread too quick and there silk stuff kept getting caught on my polyps .sorted em out in the end.

Back