Can you help me find?

winyfrog

Yep!
I am looking for Spurilla neapolitana nudibranch, these nudi's eat majano anemones. my 850 is so over ran that I am injecting them on a daily basis. I know that people get them on occasion with live rock.

My only other option at this point is to pull all the corals out that I can and unleash some racoon butterflies and let them chow down, then of course I will need to catch them back out :(

Oh man. Welcome to the club! I had thousands of majanos when I tore down my 240. By that time, they had pretty much killed every coral I had except for mushrooms.

I too looked for those nudis, but was not able to find any place that sold them. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did!

In the end, I just boiled all my live rock. I saved as many corals as I could, but some were casualties of the war on majano. I still have a majano pop up now and then, but I do a once over every single night and zap them with Aiptasia X if I see any. Aiptasia X has worked much better than any other injectable I've tried -- they don't come back.

The raccoon butterflies are a good option if you don't mind losing some of your coral as well. In my mind, a small price to pay since majano has the potential to kill them all anyways. You could remove and boil as much rock as you can and inject as many as you can, but in a tank that size, it's gonna be a mess either way.

Good luck... Let me know if you find any.

yep excatly the racoons are a very small price to pay. There is really no way that I can remove my rock and boil it, most of my peices in there are show size 36" plus. I have been dealing with the stupid anemones for almost 2 years now and of course have lost several peices of coral.

I have put in pyramid butterflies and kliens and they will pick at them but not totally eat them so they just keep coming back. We found a place the gets the nudis as hitchhikers on there rock but they told us that they wouldn't collect them for us, we would need to buy some of there rock and hope to get some.

This may sound funny or stupid, but...
Would a mini underwater blow torch kill and melt these things away without causing any side effects or damage to the water itself? That may sound ridiculous but I have have the thought of doing this to my pests more than once.

The other thing I have thought of was those steamer machines. Hooking up a hose to the end of one and directing it directly onto the Aiptasia and boiling it away.

Sorry just thinking (probably poorly) out loud.

That probably would work, dcan but you risk warming the water up very quickly.... I will need to think about this one some more. :)

I released 2 raccoon butterflies today, (finger's crossed) Hubby was able to catch one of the kliens out. The other kliens is harrasing the coons so much that they are hiding (but not before they ate up some of the anemones)

you could try calling this place:

Aquarium Concepts - The Bay Area Aquarium Store

I LOOOOOOVE it there! is just a giant warehouse FILLED with critters and georgous corals... at realitivly low prices :) they have tons more than whats on their site and they ship all over the world... i know they had a huge selection of nudis when i was there last, they might have the one you are looking for :) I;ve been really happy with everything i've gotten from them.... which includes my mandrin (who is flake trained) Kona my eel, and a few of my newer corals (feather duster, pipe organ coral, cocoa worm, purple daisies etc)...

aqi_saltwatercorals_lps_r8_c11.jpg
and thats just ONE of their 4 coral tanks :) not to mention the one filled with LR like that :) its a neat place

Last edited:
Just wanted to give you an update on my majano plague. Added 2 racoon just after my last post, they have almost completely wiped them out, the only other thing that they have messed with in my tank is some common brown button polyps, and an occasional mushroom. I will give them a few more months to make sure then will get them pulled out so I can start adding corals back to my tank. :)

I'm so excited!!! :) :bounce::^::Cheers:

Back