can you put corals in a cold water aquarium

There are cold water corals, but there aren't very many... I'm also willing to bet that most cold water corals are non-photosynthetic. Another problem would be keeping the water cold enough for them to thrive. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I'm not too sure about the availability of such corals or the amount of time on maintenance you want to spend every day. =)

can you put corals in a cold water aquarium?

how cold? But to just jump past it I would not do it. though when I was at my old place befor I went to duel heaters there my tank did drop down to 67* in the winter time and were alright. I just would not want to push it past that. to many things can go wrong with the tank when the temp drops to low. unless your going for a cold water reef tank witch are a rare breed in there own right. in witch you have to find cold water corals and fish for it to work sucsesfuly and those fish and corals need a lot of flow

Wow, the temperate reef aquarium in the video is stunning!! I don't think I realized that the catalina gobys and yellow neon gobies were cold water species - no wonder they never survive very long in our warm aquariums. And what the heck was that weird creature on the bottom of the tank that looked like a cross between some sort of underwater anteater and a fish?

Back