can you turn this saltwater and how

thats a figure 8 puffer or a green spotted puffer. They are brackish water fish. you put them in a smaal aquirium and slowly start adding salt to the water. over time it will convert to a saltwater fish. But worsd to the wise they are a very aggressive fish

F8s and GSPs are different species, very similiar though.

But yeah just slowly add salt to the water in a QT. Keep in mind it will decimate any crabs, snails, or shrimp in the same tank. It'll pick at corals too if you have reef.

Just like any other puffer, they belong in aggressive tanks.

We have one of these in a 12 gallon nano tank. I have read that they start out in more freshwater and the as they age they eventually become saltwater fish. We are slowly increasing the salt level once a month.

And yes they are very aggressive fish. We started with three and have one now.

I used to have a GSP. I would go to the LFS and they would give me the little snails that they couldnt keep under control in their plant tanks. Worked out good, then I converted the tank to salt when he died:grumble:

Brian

We have one of these in a 12 gallon nano tank. I have read that they start out in more freshwater and the as they age they eventually become saltwater fish. We are slowly increasing the salt level once a month.

And yes they are very aggressive fish. We started with three and have one now.

Yeah they spawn in freshwater rivers and make their way through estuaries then eventually to the ocean so they're very versatile with salinity, although they do need saltwater at adult age.

Brackish fish are neat. I used to have a tank with a GSP, two scats, and some bumblebee gobies. That's how I got into saltwater actually.

I have two in a 10 gal...all i did was drip accimated them for a few hours until the salt level in the bucket was the same as the salt level in the tank. they live longer and grow larger in saltwater vs freshwater.

Back