can you use an inflatable pool as a fish tank

Pools aren't made for that kind of thing. Over time the saltwater could est away at the vinyl or something and I'm sure the animals wouldn't be very happy either. In my honest opinion it sounds like you want to get these animals by don't want to spend all the money to house them properly and if you aren't willing to do that then you shouldn't have them. Sorry if that's harsh but that's what I think.

How about just get a damn glass or acrylic aquarium, if your not willing to spend the money on looking after the creatures, then just dont. That is all.

i want to breed them it not like i am going to keep them in the pool for the rest of there life i well just keep them in the people until there old to sale

i want to breed them it not like i am going to keep them in the pool for the rest of there life i well just keep them in the people until there old to sale

I will assume "people" = pool.
What are your plans for them once they're too old to sell?

Where is Sharkie when you need her!!

Being honest I wouldnt even try breed them if i were you. Have you read up on this, because already your showing that your not the slightest bit prepared.

Yea if you don't make them feel comfortable and have the right requirments they aren't going to breed for you... You can't just stick them in a large container and expect them to breed. You can put them in a glass aquarium and build a natural rockscape and try to make it as close to the ocean as possible but sounds like you got it all figured out. Let me know how that breeding goes for ya...also if you ask a question on here you shouldn't get mad about the answers you get. We are all gonna give you our honest answers and when everyone is trying to tell you the same thing you should prlly listen to us. It's gonna be a waste of time and stress on the animals.

Dosen't sound like a great idea to me. Especially because if the pool popped or lost air or something it would be a disaster. Also perhaps the salt and chemicals would eat at the lining over time.

What hell CurtisL......LOL good english.. lots of people enjoy shark though. i dont eat seafood though :-) not a fan

When I saw this thread in my "new posts" list I thought it was going to go to a bad place. Now that I've read it, its far worse than I ever imagined.

Here is the answer:

No, you cannot keep Sharks in a swimming pool in a manner that is safe and humane. You need a strong and sturdy aquarium design for this. The pool will not be able to support the rock, sand, filtration and other things necessary to support these creatures.

Back