candy cane or trumpet

That's still around 2 watts per gallon for a 120 gallon tank, so no, you wouldn't be able to keep candy canes or trumpets. Keeping zoanthids and mushrooms would even be pushing it. 2 watts per gallon is below low light -- that's pretty much no light for corals.

ok well that sale my LFS is having next weekend they are selling the HQI light fixtures for as low as 300 bucks so ill have to hope there is a relatively good deal on some that fit my tank

You could always do a DIY retrofit for Metal Halides and take apart the Power Compact fixture you have and use them for Actinics. Do you have a conopy? Are you handy?

If I were you Id look into a pair of Icecap 250 MH retrofit kits or two pendants. Checkout Marinedepot or reefgeek for diy kits. They would probably work the best with your canopy.

I have to say yes for candy canes,trumpets,zoas and mushrooms with that light over a 120.Why I say this is Ive seen zoas and mushroom do well under normal florescents and PC is one step better.I have both a candy cane and trumpet in the shade so they prefer indirect light under my T5,otherwise they bleach out.I would give them a shot,myself.

Back