Candy Cane

sagent3000

Reefing newb
i stole a candy cane from pet land for 29.99 6 branches and 2 heads off each branch. my question: WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT. i just sits there. i bought the anchor hammer so it is forming a wall. my neon green star is growing over the rocks. my button is diont the same. what does a candy cane do?

You package it up nice and pretty and send to me!
J/K
They have feeler arms that you can see and they will open up to expose there mouth with small tentacles around them to catch food but they are not very lively they are a type of hard coral so they will not move much but you will see them move a little if you watch them. That is just my :twocents:

okay i was wondering. i do see them moving sometime. they fell off the damn rock today so i am putting htem higher up. and i am going to get a white or green bubble coral when i find one for a good price. and i have tried that kent marine coral accel. and its works wonderfully. my hammer and frogspawn looks like they are on steriods.

i bought a candy cane when i first started my aquarium last oct. bad idea, anyway, it never opened, so of course i never could feed it. after aquarium got more established and a few less canes later, my canes or whatever they're called are huge!! i've miraculously brought it back to life. i feed mine every night, they love it! i've got a green one that was brought back from the dead and a red one. they don't move, but will die if you don't feed them. maybe try some cyclopeeze squirted right around them to entice them to open. once they start opening and start eating, it's growth from there!! it's a lot of work, but i love mine!!

Back