Can't handle the Algae!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I am thinking of giving in and trying Marine S.A.T. or something else you recommend to take care of my algae. The Cyano is localized to two areas now and is very small, but I can't get rid of it completely. What driving me nuts is this "turf algae" I talked about in a previous thread. Its really starting to spread and I can't get rid of it. Scrubbing won't even take it off, its like its crazy glued to my rock. none of my CUC seems to touch it, and I'm worried its gonna get out of control if I don't do something. Thing is I can't find this S.A.T. anywhere locally, even the mail order place I use doesn't have it. Anything else that is reef friendly and works? Thanks!

If your not already,I would suggest running somethng for phosphates.I personally run phos-guard and chemi-pure elite.Seems to have worked in my tank.

Piggy,
You use 1oz for every 10 gallons of water.In my 75,I dose 8 full oz.
Its works and is worth the money.

Once again, totally confused! I'll ask biff about the aft club, but is it one I want to be a part of? lol

As for the supplements. My lfs has phos-buster, phosguard, chemi-clean and chemi-pure elite. What should I be getting to get rid of this algae?

If you have algae, you are already in my AFT Club (Algae Filled Tank Club). Congrats!! You're in good company. Not only am I the president, but I'm also a member :D.

We NAAO are still here.Once you get the algae under control you can join us.Don't be fooled into joining the dark side(AFT).

Im sure that when I get going Ill be in the AFT for a while...if you count my planted I already am by defalt. Did some heavy cleaning and remodeling bad idea now have diatoms like a new tank...yeah!

OK, I really want to run Marine S.A.T. I cannot find it anywhere in Canada, and I cannot find it anywhere in the states that doesn't ship UPS (They charge brokerage fees at the border that are usually more than the price of the product). If anyone can hook me up I'd be grateful. Find out if the places you deal with ship to Canada, or give me a price and I'll paypal ya! Thanks!

Back