cardiff

dufybug

Reefing newb
i recently purchased a cardiff and am having problems with it running hot. with no lights it is running 82-83 degrees. we keep our home at 72. i have contacted the store and manufacturer and both assure me they havent seen this before. i guess i am having trouble believing this isnt an issue with this tank, since it has been like this from day 1. i would feel better if others that own these confirm that they dont have this issue. they are sending me another pump to try, but mine isnt warm to touch or anything. i am afraid this is a design flaw, and that i have spent a lot of money on something that isnt going to work for me.:frustrat:

Welcome to the site...hopefully the new one they send you works better, and proves that the first one was probably just a defective one.

thanks for the welcome. i hope the pump fixes it too. nothing like being excited to get going with a new tank and not being able to.

Yeah, that sucks and I know you're frustrated. While you wait for it to arrive, read up on some of the links on our homepage. :)

Back