carpet and purple tip anemone

Bernadette54

Reefing newb
I had a carpet anemone for several years and it was doing very well and loved the clown fish. I recently purchased a purple tip anemone and within days the carpet started moving all around the tank. It searched out the purple tip and they both seemed to stay together in one place. The clown fish kept going back and forth to each one. Can you have both anemones in the same tank?? the carpet is now small and neither stay in one place??

You can keep both of them in the same tank. Hopefully they will settle down soon, and don't hurt anything in their wanderings. I'm assuming everything else in your tank has remained the same -- water parameters, lighting, etc?

Anemones are like any other animal when their in the same tank.Their going to check each other out.Then they've got to figure out whoes sitting up shop where.
It may take em a few days to settle in,but should be alright.

thanks for all the replies. Actually today the purple tip made a home but the carpet is still hiding and staying small. I'm just afraid that they will die some where and send my tank in a tizzy.

Back