Carpet Anemone

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by michelle, Jun 13, 2008.

1. michelle

michelle

OK, So any suggestions on how to keep my new carpet anemone from stinging my other corals until it settles on a home in the tank? I know these guys are a hard species to keep. But, I just loved it and bought it on an impulse. Now I am terrified that it will kill my corals and fish....I really want this anemone, any words of encouragement?

michelle, Jun 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. michelle

fishbait I found Nemo

sorry, I don't know of any great news about carpet anemones. they have been known to eat there host clown. with most anemones, proper lighting and a secure place to put their foot will keep them from moving around.

fishbait, Jun 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. michelle

Bifferwine I am a girl

They are pretty hardy (as far as anemones go, which isn't saying much). But there really is no way to keep it from stinging your corals as it moves, or eating your fish, which carpet anemones in particular are prone to do. They are probably the worst type of anemone to try to keep in a tank with other animals, IMO, but they are still pretty popular for some reason. Good luck with him/her.

Bifferwine, Jun 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question