carpet anenome

it will probably settle eventually into a spot it feels comfortable...... just remember carpet anemonies are VERY agressive.... I have a friend that her carpet anemone ate a pink tail trigger (4 1/2") and a few other fish.... keep an eye on it.....

If after a week it still hasn't attached to anything, it's not happy. Might be water quality, lighting, flow or a combo of all.
What are your water parameters, what do you have for flow in the tank and what type of lights do you have?

capt is right. We need more info. It could be a number of reasons but like capt mentioned if its still not settled after a week, its probably not happy.

From what I recall, carpets need a deep sand bed, 6" or more preferably. Some people cut a 3 or 4" piece of PVC 6 inches long, bury it in the sand and put the foot in there. I don't know if that works or not, but may be worth a try. It will need very strong lighting, especially since its on the substrate.

Thats how you get a trigger out of your tank. Make sure to watch the mouth. If it starts protruding out, its a goner. I had one die and it smelled like a baby pooped in my tank. Luckily my skimmer got most of it out. There so cool but so little is known about them. There success rate seems very poor in the hobby from what Ive read.

Yeah, they have been known to eat their own clowns. They tend to snatch up anything that swims near them. If this is a new tank, it may be very challenging for you to keep an anemone. They usually don't do well in tanks that are less than a year old. They require extremely high water quality and very powerful lights.

so my carpet kicked the bucket, as i was reflecting on it the guy at the lfs almost dropped it on the floor when i first purchased it . My wife bought me another one last week and it has dug in to the sand and is doin great. my lights are ho t5 tested my water and all pramiters are good. I failed to use trace elements with the last one, so may be this one will survive they shure are beautiful creatures

I had a huge green carpete and he ate everything that came near it :death:. i feed it feeder fish and he still ate alot of my fish :sfish: b4 i finally agreed with my wife to get rid of it :frustrat:. They are very agressive. But beautiful

If your tank is less than a year old, it may simply just not be mature enough to keep an anemone happy. They usually have a tough time surviving in "young" or "new" tanks for some reason. In any case, good luck with your new one and we want to see pics!

Back