carpet nem

nipit8

Reefing newb
got a buddy that is gonna GIVE me a beautiful carpet nem---I have concerns that it may not get along with my starfish--any know if it will eat a starfish?----Only have two percs and a blenny in the tank otherwise--tank is over a year old well established corals in it--any info on starfish comp would be helpful--thanks--nipt8

i have another small tank and can transfer--but i like the sand sifting part of the starfish--will prolly move the blenny before intro into tank (of carpet nem)

Sandsifters don't do well unless they are in very large, very established (read: old) systems. I would see if you can rehome him.

erin..the starfish is in my 65 gallon--he is thriving.....he is my kids favorite---just trying to see if it will get eaten by the carpet nem???--may rehome if its a prob--anyone ever have a prob with starfish///nem relationship?--thanks erin

It may eat the clowns too. I once watched a carpet anemone eat its own clown. :rofl: It would definitely eat the starfish if the starfish fell into it. And the fish would be fair game. Make sure your lighting is strong enough to keep it and your water conditions are pristine. Anemones are very challenging.

I don't see why it would get eaten by the nem... but it really needs a much bigger, older tank to survive long term. It will eat all the micro flora and fauna in your sandbed and then starve.

EDIT: Bowing to the almighty Biffers. Damn ninja.

NOTHING is safe when you put a Carpet Anemone in a tank.
If the carpet is hungry and the clowns try to do their host thing,bye bye clowns.Same as anything else that happens to be unlucky enough to brush against it.

Back