Casey's ity bity tank.

Well I have a skunk cleaner in my 90gal and he would be too big for that tank. He is around 4". I was thinking maybe a bumblebee shrimp or a pom pom crab.

Ok so I got the sand and the heater in today! It looks awesome. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the pump is pretty noisy (just sounds kinda rattly) which doesn't surprise me. Erin, Did you replace your pump or are you using the sock one from Aqueon? I was thinking about maybe replacing it with a different pump like a Rio 60 or something. Thoughts?

I have a pom pom crab in mine. I love the little bugger

I had to look them up, hadn't heard of them.. so, you got him already having the nems for pom poms or ... well, it ain't fair working at a LFS.. LOL... Now that is def a critter for my dream list. Well have to check out my LFSs.. any special care??? .. that is one cool critter!

I can see where one would be perfect for a bio cube.

Ok so I got the sand and the heater in today! It looks awesome. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the pump is pretty noisy (just sounds kinda rattly) which doesn't surprise me. Erin, Did you replace your pump or are you using the sock one from Aqueon? I was thinking about maybe replacing it with a different pump like a Rio 60 or something. Thoughts?

I'm using the stock one from Aqueon. And (admittedly, this is terrible) I don't have any other flow in the tank. I do only have softies and acans in mine, though. And I keep the return at the surface to maximize O2 exchange.

I've thought about replacing it a couple times, since it's stopped working maybe four or five times, but when I pull it out and clean it out it runs like a champ again.

hmmmm. Yea I am thinking I may pull it all together and put my little tiny Hydor Koralia in there. It wouldn't be able to pull water through the carbon filter but it also wouldn't be so loud! We shall see.

Mine isn't loud until the water level drops. And not like... sucking air drops... just not full.

If that makes sense

Yea. Mine just sounds like it's rattling around a little (like the tolerance around the bushing isn't very good). I'm not all that surprised, after all it's probably like a $3 pump on my tank so it's not entirely surprising. I do notice that when I suction cup it to the tank itself it's much quieter than if it's on the bottom of the sump so maybe that has something to do with it. Right now I just attached it to the tank and let it run. It's kinda ugly but w/e. Like I said, a Hydor Koralia might be awesome since it would be super quite and have little to no vibration.

LOL.. on the bottom of the sump tank it most likely IS rattling around on the bottom and sides.. ya think.. :dunno:

Thinking to order a couple of pom pom crabs from Reefs2Go any comments? I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Yea. Mine just sounds like it's rattling around a little (like the tolerance around the bushing isn't very good). I'm not all that surprised, after all it's probably like a $3 pump on my tank so it's not entirely surprising. I do notice that when I suction cup it to the tank itself it's much quieter than if it's on the bottom of the sump so maybe that has something to do with it. Right now I just attached it to the tank and let it run. It's kinda ugly but w/e. Like I said, a Hydor Koralia might be awesome since it would be super quite and have little to no vibration.

I pulled the suction cups off mine as well as a couple of the extraneous plastic pieces. I have the back chamber pretty stuffed with LR, so my pump sits under a decent sized piece. Keeping it sandwiched between rock and the tank is probably keeping it from vibrating around too much.

Back