catching fish

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So I finally made it over to walmart to get some hooks, and tomorrow I'm going to try to catch my damsels. (fish store closed today in case I don't flush them or maim them trying to catch them)
Any suggestions on technique? :bounce:

So I finally made it over to walmart to get some hooks, and tomorrow I'm going to try to catch my damsels. (fish store closed today in case I don't flush them or maim them trying to catch them)
Any suggestions on technique? :bounce:

Make sure to file the barbs off the hooks.
For technique.Fishing pole,cold beer,lawn chair,favorite fishing hat,relax and wait on the bite:mrgreen:

ohhh yes, I have tried everything to get me to this point!!
No barbs on the hook...if there was, I might leave it on to inflict pain on the little bastards!!! I gotta wait until tomorrow to fish so I can bring the damsels to the LFS. I'll update everyone on my luck....in the meantime, if I get rid of the damsels, I'd like to replace them with something nice, so I'm taking suggestions.
Right now I have a foxface, an emerald dragonet, a PJ cardinal, and a tomato clown.

Reading through the forums is great. Me being a newb to saltwater, I'd think that one could just scoop'em up with a net like they do in the fish store. After seeing many threads about catching damsels here and other forums, I've come to realize that it's far from easy. Good luck catching the little rascal, hopefully it will go easy.

They sell traps at Petwhse.com You just bait it and when the fish goes in for the food you pull a string and the door shuts. No harm to the fish at all! I really dislike damsels all they do is start trouble with the other fish and there really fast and wont ever die because they are a hardy fish. I remember i tried to catch one of those bastards and i rearanges my whole tank and i still couldnt cetch him! Good Luck!

Wellllll...my bad luck with these Damsels continues...
Couldn't get them, they kept going for it, but they'd back off at the last second. Taking a break now to recoup and figure out my new plan of attack.
I think I'm going to keep feeding them with the net in the tank and put some food in the net, and hope they'll eventually go in...

Try live baiting of plastic pop bottle traps. Be very careful not to let the live bait get out of the traps! Also try multiple traps at the same time. Fish in general will get more aggressive about eating when they haven't been fed in a few days.

Already tried it...
I've been feeding them now with the net and they're getting a lot more confortable...
Hopefully in 1-2 weeks they'll be venturing into the net for food.

My daughter made me a fish trap by using a soda bottle but she did a MCGyver she added a trap door it worked like a charm. Got the trouble maker in the sump.

Back