Catherine's 26 gal Bow Rebuild

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Well, I've decided to start fresh with my 26 gallon bow front. So, today, my tank went from this:

4257206477_c3f3483c43.jpg

to this:
4257206503_6ee74339ca.jpg

Very excited! More details as soon as I know them.

Catherine

Ok, here's the details so far.

My bow was a birthday present not this last October but the one before from my husband and daughter. This is the tank that got me started in reefing! So, when I got my 55 and moved my ponies, I knew I had to keep this tank. I was going to keep the sand and the rock all set up but when I moved it downstairs to my studio the sand reeked so I'm starting from the beginning. I froze the rocks to try and get the bristle worms out but when I put them in the tank just now, some of them crawled out. Ugh. The big one in the middle is new and dead. So, before I add the live sand I'll have to figure something out.

I'm either going to put a couple clowns, H. reidi, or H. fuscus. Don't know yet.

Suggestions?

Catherine

Nope, the fuscus is nicknamed the "sea pony" because it's a bit small. I could easily fit 4 in there and if I had a wicked filtration system I could do 6. If I did reidi I could do 4.

C

Ooohhh....that sounds so exciting. To have that many ponies in one tank, would keep your attention for hours.

I added some rocks a few days ago. Today, I moved some corals in and Seven, my firefish. This picture is double posted one is on my photo gallery thread.

4275108137_396fb76fa9.jpg

This shot was done with my Kodak POS autofocus. My tank has been mostly just sitting around waiting for me to decide what I wanted to do with it. I've got some nice macro going and today I got a starfish for the tank! We named him Twinkle but he's just been sitting in that same spot since this morning. Hope he's ok.

4550005686_571974e988.jpg

I ordered some stuff from Tampa Bay Saltwater, some scallops, and some sponges for this tank. I think I'm going to do a fish in here and a group of sexy shrimp. The firefish is moving to my 14 gallon biocube.

Back