CBS or Skunk?

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
Okay so I have had my CBS before my lionfish. I recently purchased a skunk because the CBS won't clean my fish. So I have two questions.

1. The CBS saw the skunk and started slowly feeling it out and getting closer. I got the net between them and chased the CBS away. So my first question is, if the next time they get close and I'm not around, will the CBS kill the skunk?

2. The lion completely ignores the CBS. Will it do the same with the skunk? Or will it eat it since it's new? It is roughly the same size as the CBS, except it's antennae are a little shorter(4").

can you feel tension in the air as you step into the room? That's always a bad sign...

I feel bad for that cleaner as it seems that the likely outcome for him is bad news either way. You may want to see if the LFS will give you some credit for him before he becomes dinner.

I had a volitan lionfish for a year in a tank at my old job with a cleaner shrimp with no trouble. He would even allow the shrimp to crawl around his mouth and clean him w/o eating him. It was THE coolest thing ever. That was my one experience. My bet is the CBS (which are bastards) will kill him tho. I would yank the BCS, if you can and leave the skunk. I have found that the best cleaners are blood shrimp, all my skunks seem more interested in taking food from my coral

-Doc

I had a volitan lionfish for a year in a tank at my old job with a cleaner shrimp with no trouble. He would even allow the shrimp to crawl around his mouth and clean him w/o eating him. It was THE coolest thing ever. That was my one experience. My bet is the CBS (which are bastards) will kill him tho. I would yank the BCS, if you can and leave the skunk. I have found that the best cleaners are blood shrimp, all my skunks seem more interested in taking food from my coral

-Doc

I witnessed that yesterday! The lionfish was checking it out while it was cleaning some rocks, then it opened it's mouth like it was yawning, the skunk ran it's antenna all around the outside and inside of the lions mouth, this happened for about 30 seconds then the lion swam away.

I'm agreeing with Doc.The CBS will kill the skunk as soon as it gets a chance.The lion probably wont.Most fish love the service the skunks gives them to much to eat them.

I would just get rid of the cbs if I were you. Its a timed death for the skunk if not and cleaner Is better relationshipwise and more fun!

Back