Cbs

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
When I bought my Mushrooms and Chaeto at the LFS, I also bought myself a Coral Banded Shrimp. I didn't quite fully understand this guy and thought "hey, a shrimps a shrimp, right?" Well, after I red a few things, I heard these guys can get a little mean around other small fish and some ofthe cleaners. Right now, he doesn't seem to do anything in the tank, albeit he's the only thing in it, he just hangs upside down on the LR and comes out at night to munch on whatevere is in side th LR. Anything I should be worried about? Information?

Cleaners I'm looking at:
Cerith Snail x5
Nass Snail x12
Mex Turbo Snail x2
Astraea Snail x10
MAYBE 2 Emerald Crabs (I hear they can get kinda mean...)

They have been known to catch fish. They can turn out to be pretty aggressive. I don't recommend them in reef tanks for that reason.

Ok, understood.

I feel bad for not doing my research; on multiple levels. I bough him for $11.99 which is a little much, in comparison to the good Dr's. I only picked him up because the skunk cleaner shrimp was $29.00, a very high price as well. So I only did it to take a shaving of the pirce, which was a mistake. I will go to the LFS tomorrow and return him. After I try and catch the CBS....somehow.... :shock:

The one CBS I had,took a liking to zoas and other corals for a snack.
He also didnt care to come after my hand when I was cleaning the tank.

My CBS story: I had just added a Fire Shrimp to the tank, when a couple hours later, I see the CBS carrying the dead fire shrimp in its claws over its head like it was about to body slam it. It was eaten soon after. Damn CBS

Aright, I swear this guy is gonna get it...

I wake up this morning to find my main mushroom head shriveled up and contorted. It's spilling from it's mouth and understide what looks like white guts, not fluffy stuff, but more intestines. I'm convinced it was him.

Now I just gotta catch him.

That's his guts, it's a sign of stress. check your parameters and make sure that it's not in too much flow. CBS don't generally go after soft coral so I am inclined to think it could be something else going on in there. Probably good to get rid of the CBS though anyway.

Back