Cemi-Pure Elite

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Does it really last 4-6 months? If so I'm definetely buying some since I've heard it's great stuff.

Also I'm probably feeding a little too much but I have a quick growth of green algae on the side of my tank and other places, this is probably from phosphate correct? So the elite would reduce that a ton right?

Thanks!

I wouldnt take a chance on it lasting that long.I'd go more for 2 months to be on the safe side.I've been running it for a little over a month now and it HAS made a difference in my tank.
As for your algae,yeah phosphates help feed it but so does nitrates and light.
Dont expect the chemi-pure to clear it up over night.It'll take 2 or 3 weeks to see any change.
But yeah,its good stuff.

That'll fuel algae alright.
You might try cutting the light back an hour or so untill the algaes gone.

also how many nassarious snails do u recommend? I probably have around 7-8 now and they dig up the sand some, but there is tons that doesn't get it.

Any other inverts that do a good job cleaning

Also I've noticed my snails are never on the glass, they might be on the back once in a while but hardly on my glass, weird

I've been using Chemipure Elite for awhile now.As far as I can tell it works well.The water smells fresh and I don't have any nuisance algae yet.I think two months is more realistic than 4-6 months.

Emerald crabs may or may not take care of the bubble algae.If you have 7-8 of the larger tongan nassarius then those are plenty.If you have the small nassarius then adding a few more will be find.I like to keep a variety of snails.Queen conchs,ceriths,trochus,nassarius,astreas and turbos.

Both Ion exchange resins and charcoal leach back contaminants they have absorbed when they are used up. They do not just stop absorbing. Chemi-pure is a resin carbon combination. Chemi-pure Elite is the same as Chemi-pure with ferric oxide (iron) added. The ferric oxide, however, does not leach back the phosphates it absorbs. Basically what you are doing is buying a combination of mixed bed ion exchange resins (typical DIO filter media), charcoal, and phosban, at a much higher price than buying them separately. What! Nothing new, gimmicks sell.

Last edited:
I've been using Chemipure Elite for awhile now.As far as I can tell it works well.The water smells fresh and I don't have any nuisance algae yet.I think two months is more realistic than 4-6 months.

Emerald crabs may or may not take care of the bubble algae.If you have 7-8 of the larger tongan nassarius then those are plenty.If you have the small nassarius then adding a few more will be find.I like to keep a variety of snails.Queen conchs,ceriths,trochus,nassarius,astreas and turbos.

Yea I'll get some, is it better to get just Chemi-pure and some phosphate remover though? If so what brand of phosphate remover

I think I'll try one emerald crab, also the nassarius are the small ones so I may add some more. The Queen conchs are cool, should I look in to getting any?

Is better to just use the individual components you need. Ferric oxide is ferric oxide. Do not use a Aluminum based phosphate remover, they are not as effective and they leach back phosphates. Just look for that ingredient (ferric oxide) for a phosphate remover. I use Drs. Foster and Smith's house brand as it is a lot cheaper than most. For charcoal I use lignite type from Culligan, the least phosphate, nitrogen and cheap. For DIO I use refill media for mixed bed cartridges, as it is cheapest. Just search it on the web, you can get enough media for four cartridge refills for about the price of one and one half cartridges. Any help?

Last edited:
If you don't have the space to run multiple medias than just use the Chemipure Elite.Adding a few more nassarius snails and a couple queen conchs or fighting conchs will be fine.Now I got to go-playing the Orange Box on the 360.

Back