Cesilies 75g Build

well, i think he's passed to the great big sea in the sky :( basically all of his spines are gone... I feel sad now :( he was doing GREAT in the 20

Fair impressive! that tank and stand is amazing.

I wish I could upgrade, but money and space is a massive issue!

sorry bout the urchin, hope he pulls through :(

I'm not too 100% fond of the aquascaping... its not what I wanted but since i had like an hour to do everything thats what we got done :p lol.

this week=new skimmer which equals new fish in a few weeks!

Sorry about your urchin Sharkie.But everything else looks great.
Sometimes inverts just cant handle any kind of change.And we cant always tell when something is wrong with them.

missed the updates looks amazing!! love the black sand! i have it in my 58 it really makes the corals on the sand pop. keep the pics commin! lol

well today I am off to get a new CUC. I left my old on in the 20 for my sister and put a few nass snails in mine but the tank is starting to get a bit of algae on the rocks so its time for some turbos, an emerald or two, and a few shrimp! :D

anyone have a suggestion on how many of each I should get? this is what I'm thinking:

2 emerald crabs (large ones), 15 hermits, 20 nass snails (i have 4 already in there), 5-6 turbos, and 5 or so cerith snails... sound good? I already have my keyhole limpet in there (he's grown a TON btw, hes awesome to watch) and one turbo. is that amount okay or too many for a 75?

I will be adding these guys gradually as needed so today i'm getting just a few hermits, a snail, and the emeralds :)

aw! dont go with the emerald crabs!!!!!!!! i know there cool but seriously it was a pita get mine out of mine tank after i caught him eating my acan, there are notorious lps eaters when they get big, just a suggestion, those pom pom crabs are really cool and they dont mess with anything, turbo snails are the best way to go they are very effiecient with cleaning up all kinds of algae id probbaly add 10 or so to your tank., 20 nass snails should be fine

I like the turbos too. They're worth it for the amount of surface they can cover quickly. Just make sure everything is glued down.. There like Bulls in a China Shop.

welp i thought i should update a bit! :D

Last week I got 5 GIANT nass snails, 3 turbos, 10 hermits, and 1 emerald crab....

Kona went after the emerald as soon as I put it in D8 BUT I saved it by wapping kona on the head and feeding him... apparently the morning crew who said they would feed him didn't and he wanted a snack... I know once he gets bigger he might go after it more but now they seem to be buddies... the crab sits up in the same hole as kona and kona hasn't tried to eat him since day 1. I guess wappin him taught him not to eat his neighbors LOL.

I'm thinking of getting a tang in the near future... I'm getting my skimmer this weekend (or should be at least if nothing else happens) and then a fishie the following :D

Last edited:
just a bit of an updated.... a few days ago I saw the beginning of coraline growing on my rocks!! :D It made me super happy...

I went ahead and got the way cute Bannerfish (named him Gill lol go figure) and he didn't bug my corals but my black damsel decided to start chasing him and tearing up his sail :( so he got moved to the 20 to heal up for the time being while I try and get out the black damsel... I really like him but he terrorizes my lil Gill and I bought him to be in the big tank, not the 20 LOL. so thats next on my to do list...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhtGIyvJ90[/ame]

Thats him! :D

Sadly today I found Kaluha dead in the sand... I'm not sure what happened to him... he's been eating and all the levels are way good.... :( it was sad, he was just started to get a lil longer and was FINALLY coming out and swimming with Kona :C so i'm down to my one eel now

another small updated.... since Kaluha passed on I decided that I needed to get my damsel out of the tank before he did any more damage to other future fish.... so Brent and I took apart my rocks and chased him for about an hour before finally catching him.... he's now in the 20 for the time being (scared out of his mind I might add LOL) and Gill is back in his nice big home :)

thanks! :D

Since i'm trying to get it in the living room it would go great, my parents have built and designed all our furniture in here and its all black so i figured the black would be way better than the wood-grain
most of all the wood grain tanks look cheap to me i like black one i had one wood grain one and sprayed it black took like 4hrs but love it now

Hey Sharkie, I was just referred to your build page because I'm thinking of adding a snowflake eel to my 125 gal (someday reef) tank. How does yours do with your other fish and crabs etc...? I want to get corals and crabs, and smaller fish. But I'm kinda worried about the eel eating everything...

Back