Chaeto with intank media basket

G_Beck_87

Reefing newb
This is in the algae forum as well prob should be posted in here, but here is my dilemma: Ok im gettin mixed reviews on this subject and want some clarity on it. I've ordered some cheato and its on its way as we speak, currently im running the intank media & Fuge basket. in the media basket i have 1.) Filter Floss 2.) Chemi pure 3.) LR. In my mind i have 2 options: i put cheato in middle chamber of the media basket and use the window for light, or i can ditch the media baskets and make a small refug in the back with LR rubble and the cheato. would prefer to use the media basket. This is only a temp solution as i'm getting ready to make a custom sump/refug in the next month, in which the cheato will be transferred to that.

p.s. has any1 tried growing in the fuge basket?

Im looking for any advice you guys/gals have for me.

Thanx

I don't think it would get enough light being in the middle chamber and only getting light from the window.

Can you put it somewhere in the media basket where it will get direct light?

sorry i may have made this a lil confusing sorry let me clarify. The BC has a black paint on the back glass panel besides a small section where u can hook a light up the the back and grow chaeto in the 2nd chamber. Thats what i plan on doing, Using a 6500k bulb with a cheap fixture from home depot.

i actually did this DIY that i found on another forum only thing left to do is mount the Velcro. :Cheers:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 907
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 885
Back