Changing Stands Maybe any info!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok I own a Perfecto Mfg. 80 Gallon Bow Front stand and one of the doors is just out of whack. It won't close all the way.

I took off the hinges and it is not the hinges. It is the wood and it is somehow warped and it is so annoying. The light just comes right out of it plus now it is having issue with staying level.

I could just drill a lock into it and that would flip down and keep it closed all the way but I was thinking of just getting a new stand. Of course I can't find any that look like it.

So here is my deal....

I just 2 days ago added water and salt to the tank and my heater. It is drilled and all plumbed to the sump. Basically all ready for rock.

What is the best way to drain the tank and move it to a new stand if I decide to just buy a new one.

My thought were to buy a garbage can and syphon the water into that while I make the move and then just drop my water pump into that to pump it back to the tank afterward.

The sump has Unions so moving that is no problem. I can just syphon that and move it.

I figure any water I lose I can just add back and toss more salt mix into the tank.

I haven't even tested it yet so it isn't like I have anything to kill.

I just don't want to add the rock when I keep double guessing this stand. I love the canopy but what can I do. Of course those are extra haha.

ANy idea.

I wouldn't replace the stand just because one of the doors is warped.

Buy some magnetic strips from the hardware store, and see if the magnets can keep the door in place?

If you do decide to replace the stand, at least do it now before you have your rock. Buy a few plastic trash cans from the hardware store and use your pump to move the water into those trash cans.

There is no way to sand it and I can't really tell where the warp it. It looks ok like you can't see the warp until you put it against the cabinet.

I stuck my head in there and the way the door is, is there are 2 curved strips of wood and planks nailed to them. It may have only one curved wood. If I lean on it it closes but as soon as I left of the top pops out like 1/2 inch.

Here is a link maybe you can see it.

Aquarium Header

Yeah im sure. I took the hinges off.the doors.and the stand to make sure it wasn't them and just does not sit flat on either side. I tried putting it on both sides and it was just sticking out on the bottom instead.

never mind i just looked at the pictures. You could put a clamp on that edge and force the radius of the door to decrease, but you could end up doing more damage. Plus you would have to leave it in the clamp till it corrects itself.. I would send that picture to the manufacturer and have them send you a new door. Its obvious the wood is badly warped

Last edited:
Yes it is bent wood and it s rough to tough like you would expect and then the panels are hardwood.

I had the tank off of it and it as the same so it can't be the weight.

I also tried the door on both side and the other fits good on both see this bent one is crooked on both sides.

I can't even find the manufacturer of perfecto stands.

Any links lead to marine products site so I emailed them with the pix but I don't expect any reply.

Well I.got the stand the tank and the lights used for $450 good.since the lights are about $375 alone but I don't have a receipt and that stand must be kind of.old since I can't find one that even looks the same online.

The bottom is thick and the ones i see are thin and flat.

Well I.got the stand the tank and the lights used for $450 good.since the lights are about $375 alone but I don't have a receipt and that stand must be kind of.old since I can't find one that even looks the same online.

The bottom is thick and the ones i see are thin and flat.

they have the same stand in my LFS I was thinking of getting the 75 they have that's just like yours. if you like i can stop by there and see if there's a brand name on it with any info?

I know it is Perfecto Mtv and it has a part number and description 80gallon black pine just can't get a hold of the company anywhere

Update: Last night I took the door and the hinges off the door. I laid it flat on the tile and it rocked from bottom right to top left so yeah that door is toast.

It should sit flat on all four corners like the door that closes.

Talk about weird, how does that happen to the door I mean it is treated and coated.

I put my weight on it to flatten it and it was ok for like 15 seconds and then it was rockin again.

Update: Last night I took the door and the hinges off the door. I laid it flat on the tile and it rocked from bottom right to top left so yeah that door is toast.

It should sit flat on all fo:confused::12:r corners like the door that closes.

Talk about weird, how does that happen to the door I mean it is treated and coated.

I put my weight on it to flatten it and it was ok for like 15 seconds and then it was rockin again.

if it is treated proper and had a nice undamaged seal coat on it then i dont know id say itis a manufactures defect?

You could always add bracing to the back side of the door to correct the bend, if you dont care what it looks like

Attachments

• DOOR.pdf
    413.8 KB · Views: 309
Back