Changing the DI Resin On Your RO Unit

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
So, I changed all the cartridges and DI resin on my RO unit. Sediment filter, dual carbon filters and the DI resin in both canisters.

Now my DI cartridges are full of air. Well, not FULL, but there's a big air bubble in each DI cartridge. Does it matter? Do I need to get the air out? How? Will it work itself out eventually? Do I need to remove the caps and fill the DI cartridges up again so they are packed full?

I dont have an RO/DI unit. But do beleive that if only half of the cartrage is covered, it isnt running as efficiently. Maybe have the unit running and cracking the top open a bit to blead off the air?

i have not changed mine yet but i have read to make shure it is packed really tight or air can get in and the water will make a channel through the di and not pass through it all

pack that di resin real tight or it goes bad quick, i had color changing di resin from bulk reef supply and it starting changing colors quick so they told me to repack resin cause if its not in there tight it will change quick.

Back