Chat issues

It's not as snazzy as the old system Ryan, but as long as it works that's the main thing ;). I'm sure over the coming weeks you'll get used to it, and there may be ways we can improve it in the future :).

Have any of you had problems with the new chat page so far? Just wanted to check that it's still working ok.

I've been watching the effect on the server, and although the load is higher, there is still plenty of spare capacity to go :D.

Excellent, it looks like this has done the trick then :).

If anyone has a problem with it, just let me know!

Over the coming weeks I've got a bit more free time, so I'm going to work on improving Living Reefs. I'll make a thread closer to the time asking for suggestions and ideas on what would be useful and then see what I can do :)

No problems on my end :) It's running smoothly! It is a change, and it will just take a while to get used to of course. Still hate the private message feature though LOL Ah well.

I've been getting some PMs with mixed reactions about the new chat - some people that didn't like the old chat, love the new one and some that liked the old one don't like this one ;)

There's not a huge amount I can do to the chat, as I'm restricted to running it off the existing web server (rather than getting a dedicated chat server).

If you've had any problems with the existing chat, can you let me know in here as I'm sure that some of them can be solved. :) I'm keeping an eye on the bug tracking system to make sure the chat is kept up to date : SourceForge.net: AJAX Chat - Open Source Web Chat: Tracker

Ideally, if you are having logout problems, if anyone identifies what is said in chat after the user has logged out, that would be a great help. For example, if there has been no connection activity for a couple of minutes, it will logout the user automatically and say something like : (10:58:13) ChatBot: Ian has been logged out (Timeout).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back