Chat

jhnrb

Reef enthusiast
Ok Everyone, Its Time To Get The Chat Room Going Again. Some Have Asked For A Scheduled Chat To Ask Questions And To Exchange Ideas. I Will Host And Moderate Chat On Saturday Nights From 7pm To 8 Pm Pacific Time. If We Have Enough Interest Then I Will Continue To Participate, So, Lets Start It Off With A Good Turn Out. You Need Not Stay Just Drop By For A Few And Say Hi. See Ya There Sat. 7pm To 8pm Pacific Time Jan. 19, 2008.

(if You Would Like To Host A Chat Session On A Particular Subject Or If You Want A Particular Subject For Chat On Sat. Evenings Then Just Pm Me And Ill Post An Anouncement. Just Remember Do Not Obligate Unless You Intend To Follow Through).

Since we're just "getting started" with chat room sessions...let's have the first few session be about "getting started" with a reef aquarium...perhaps some of the most basic yet important aspects of keeping a pristine reef aquarium...something like protein skimmers the first week, lighting the second week, sump/refugiums the third?...hopefully the topics will generate enough interest to keep them going.

ill do my best to make it on for at least the last half john. I work till 8pm mst so I should be able to make It for the second half of the hour

I guess everybody decided not to have a chat on Saturday evenings...was here at 7pm PCT (9pm CST) and there is nobody here...disappointing :(

no kidding what happened!!! im in right now i was all excited ran in from work and low and behold, nobody! .... well not nobody. daugherty was there

Well, there was a bit of a mixup in the time schedule to get things rolling in chat on Saturday...eventually, some made it into the chat room and had a little discussion...I think I'm going to suggest to the administrator (as far as design/features changes) that whatever is driving the chat function be updated/enhanced...it seemed to freeze up every once in a while...I'd get messages and then they'd stop (even a message I would send wouldn't show up on my display)...I have very high bandwidth at home so I know that's not an issue.

I think there is probably going to have to be much more of a calling towards the chatroom before there will be changes made. just my guess as it is a baron wasteland now

The chatroom will freeze up on you and "boot" you out if you have too many programs or windows open at once. Especially myspace. If I try and do stuff on myspace and have the chat window open at the same time, I get booted from chat every time.

The chatroom will freeze up on you and "boot" you out if you have too many programs or windows open at once. Especially myspace. If I try and do stuff on myspace and have the chat window open at the same time, I get booted from chat every time.
I had ONLY the chatroom open last night and it froze on me twice so I'm not sure if open windows has as much to do with it as maybe the actual hardware hosting the chat module?...I posted a request to look into a more robust chat module in the site update threads...we can always "ask" :)

Sorry for the late arrival. sometimes things happen that are unavoidable. at least we did have some what of a chat. so, will try again this sat. TOPIC WILL BE TANKS, STANDS, AND HOODS. SEE YA THERE.

I'll check out the chat module when I'm doing the re-design, if there's a better chat system out there then I will implement that :)

No activity in chat at 7:15 so left. It seems there is still confusion on the times. I noticed the chat board listed the wrong times. Ill try and get that corrected. I WILL NOT BE HERE ON FEB. 2ND UNLESS I CAN GET TO A COMPUTER. SO AS IT STANDS TODAY I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT ON THE 2ND. HOSTED CHAT IS AT 7PM PACIFIC TIME. IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH ME OR ASK A QUESTION OR TWO THE CHAT ROOM IS A GOOD PLACE TO EXPERIENCE REAL TIME DIALOG.

Last edited:
Back