Chattanooa Area Stores

UncleJT

Reefing newb
Chattanooga Area Stores

Howdy.

My name is JT, I'm the aquarist down here in at Imagine Ocean here in Georgia about an hour and a half south of ya'll. I'm going to be in Chattanooga next week to do some service and tweaking of a customers tank and I'm wondering what stores ya'll have up there and where they are located.

My customer is claiming that the stores up there are not the greatest but he is a newbie so I am having a hard time believing him. I would like to find a shop up there that I can recommend to him when I can't make the big drive up there. I'd like to think there is someone up there where he can shop and get help.

Thanks

- JT

Last edited:
hello jt, and welcome to the forums. there are several stores in the area. they are all different as most stores are. what types of things are you more interested in? and we can give you advice which stores are better for your situation.

heres a list:

Fishparadise: Hixson, TN - Great coral selection, and some fish
bermuda triangle: East Brainerd, TN - great fish selection, and corals
Aquatic Illusions : Hixson, TN - great coral selection, and some fish
Fish Yip: Fort Oglthorpe, GA - Good coral selection
Fish Mania : East ridge, TN - good fish selection, some corals

If I think of some more Ill send another reply, or Im sure someone else will find some I missed.
Also go to our site. Chattanoogareefers.com I think theres a list and phone numbers of the stores there.

Ironman said:
you can mark aquatic Illusions off the list. they closed down earlier this week.

They closed!?!?!? Any idea as to why? I will have to admit that I haven't been back since I was sold a "superman" monti that turned out to just be an encrusting reddish/orange monti. :grumble:

sailfin said:
They closed!?!?!? Any idea as to why? I will have to admit that I haven't been back since I was sold a "superman" monti that turned out to just be an encrusting reddish/orange monti. :grumble:
at

I think you are confusing Aquatic Illusions with Fish Paradise.

I also have a piece of that same "SuperMan" monitipora. I think the issue is the fact that it was a wild speciman. If i do a large water change, or change out and put in fresh carbon you would think it is a superman the blue and red come back, but if the water isn't as clean as you can make it it does turn a orangish brown color.

With that said steve (fish Parisdise) is a great guy. He was ordering those at my request. Lessons I have learned with my stonies is if you want a coral to keep its color then don't even try the wild corals..... They might look better, or worse, but after a couple months they always look different than they do fresh from the ocean.

Glad to see your alive Sailfin and we would love to have you at another meeting.

Brandon

hey anthony, leses place over behind the church is the one that closed. he wont answer my calls anymore so I can only assume he went belly up.

Thanks for clarifying guys. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I am in the middle of the Maytag/Whirlpool merger and I have no time to chat on here. So sad. I visited Capuccino Bay over the past weekend. They had a flood during the night. Thank goodness they have tile floor. What an amazing store. To get back on subject, maybe we can get together again and UncleJT could go down with us? David needs to get his butt down there too.

Yea Cap Bay is probably the best place for stonies that I have personally been able to walk in and look at what I'm getting. Simply Amazing.

I have went to almost all SPS and LPS Rareities. If you are ever in chat and would like to take a look just let me know.

I'm always up for a trip to cap bay. I would like to try and go again on a tuesday after a big shipment... all the amazing stuff is gone by the weekend.

Brandon

Back