Cheap LED lighting

Nope, the last sentence in the description says not intended for reef systems. There's no way that'll be bright enough to grow corals.

Description: "NOTE: These LED Lights are only for Fish Only marine tanks or Freshwater low light planted tanks (crypts, anubis, java fern etc). It could also be an excellent light for a refugium system, but is not intended as a reef lighting system."

Its b/c its only 12 LED Lights.... Most LED Reef Lights have a few hundred LEDs in the fixture.
Here's a fixture I was looking at, it has 120 white and 60 blue = 180 LEDs... And I would prolly want 2-3 of those fixtures on my tank if they were the only lighting on it.
Weipro Aquarium LED Lighting LED-C

So Ulta, which set would you get for your tank? I have a 24" long tank (61cm), the L60 set would be high power enough to grow corals in this tank? If so, that is the cheapest led fixture I have seen that would work and I am going to jump on that myself. Personally, I have yet to understand how one will know if a led fixture is strong enough. You can't depend on the wattage and there is no chart or formula for determining whether it is enough or not. If you have this info would you please enlighten me. I am not being coy here, I really would like to know this info.

Most likely it would prolly take a few fixtures joined together across your tank. The Successful Reef Tank videos they had multiple fixtures on their tanks.

I'd Say 2-3 fixtures wide for most tanks then however long your tank is you buy that length fixtures.

Just look at the youtubes they have posted up those guys have multiple fixtures

(I'll try doing some more research on it, I know they have different types of LED bulbs so it could be quite complex)

The L60 will go completely across my tank. It is 24 inches which is 61 cm. I am thinking about trying it out. If it doesn't work well enough I can always order another or suplement with t5s. I just like the idea of leds. Never have to replace a bulb, very little power usage, minimal heat, and the wave lighting effect. Yeah, I think I will try them out, start with softies, leathers and mushrooms and see what happens, being proactive as the need arrises.

You could always try out the AIs if you really want LEDs, they've had GREAT reviews and if you ever upgrade your tank you can just add modules.

the "C" Series seems to get bad reviews of LEDs burning out some months in. But the "L" Series seems to get great reviews.

I'm looking to upgrade the wattage on my tank too, but my 4 bulb T-5 Fixture only leaves a few inches on top of my tank... These fixtures are so thin that I'm also considering getting one to supplement my T-5's. I also love the colors that the LEDs bring out.

I don't know about giving them a call. From the ad page I get the feeling their Engrish isn't so hot. Inevitable communication issues.

I wouldn't recommend the Weipro lights. I emailed the company in Ulta's link asking how many sets they would recommend for my tank. The next thing I know I have Paypal requesting that I pay $385 for something that they just sent me an email reply "suggesting" a certain set. What ever you d do not buy anything from Fish Street. I have filed a complaint with paypal and am expecting a reply.

Back