Cheapest place to get snails.

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I am in need of restocking my tanks with some snails. I was thinking mostly turbos and a couple nassarius mixed in. My local shop which is about 30 miles away wants $15 for 5 for turbos. Not sure on nasses. Added in that it takes me about $8 in gas and $4 in tolls means it takes about $12 just to go get them. So overall I pay $5.40 per snail! I was wondering is there some place online that's really cheap plus shipping that someone wants to recommend? I'm probably looking at maybe 15 turbos in the 40 gallon with maybe a few nassarius added in.

Last edited:
Honestly, unless you buy a whole bunch of stuff at one time, it's probably still cheaper to get your CUC at your LFS. Shipping is expensive, and it sounds like you are not going to be buying enough snails to make up for the shipping cost. But still check with John at Reef Cleaners. :) I could very well be wrong.

I believe it would be cheaper to order a bunch. I looked on their site and I don't see a listing for turbos or nassarius snails. I want snails that clean he glass and rocks the most. They have a losting for nerites at .75 each. I'm thinking of 20 for now which is $15.00 then from what it says, $9.50 to ship so that makes it $24.50, that makes it $1.22 per snail which beats the $5+ I was paying to get turbos myself. I'm actually jsut considering getting the 40 gallon package and getting it all overwith!

Back