Check out this bad A$$ sponge I got.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I just got this yesterday from the swap. From what I understand it is both sponge and coral that grow together.

mypictures.jpg

I read while doing research on it about a guy who had one, but his sponge died and the polyps kept growing. When in grows out more I plan to frag off a polyp or two and see if I can't grow them by themselves too.

Thanks both of you. My pic really doesn't do it justice compared to the guys pic who was selling.

now remember bobby when it starts growing good you got to bring me up a frag plus some more zoos and i give you a rose bubble tip or some other zoas and gorgonian.

i should of bought one at frag swap but i wanted some acans, i now have purple acan lords and some kind of red and blue ultra acan.

Thanks everyone.

Yeah I hear you I was trying not to spend too much. I ended up spending 60.00 and it was worth it.LOL

How do you like those zoa's I brought for you? Are they opened up? The one has a reallp nice purple color to it. I'll deffinetly jump on the RBTA deal I have been wanting one for awhile.

today they finally all opened up, how are those zoos i gave did they open up. I didn't have them long few people wanted frags and that was last one left, they look purple in my 75 gallon but looked dark blue in my other tank so depends on lights.

i would trade rbta no problem cause it splits constantly i have 3 right now the biggest one i'm keeping and the other 2 are kinda small right now but feeding them every week so they will fatten up.

No they haven't opened yet. I got two zoa frags at the swap and neither of them opened yet, but the lights are not on yet either. They look good just closed. The one's I got from Pepino were open when I was acclimating, but still working off the fresh water dip I guess.

I know he has or atleast used to have a huge flatworm problem so I dipped teh crap out of his and shook them up in the bag>LOL

always dip no matter what, i always check my stuff even after dipped and in tank. Never have had zoa eating nudis and hope i never do.

I got alot of different kinds

purple people eater
chongs bongs
tubs
yellow brick roads
radio active dragon eye
orange oxide
candy apple pinks
nuclear greens
eagle eye
whamin watermellon
kryptonite
aquamarine
aromor of god
a few unknowns
and I'm sure I'm still forgetting some.LOL
Last time I counted I had 22 dif kinds and I just got two more.

What are the ones you got?

Armor of God
Nuclear Green
Purple Death
Scary Halloween

I am gonna start acquiring more from some local reefers. These were the first corals that I have added to my tank.

Oh yeah I forgot about your pics in your thread. Those are very nice zoa's and harder to get. Once they grow out you can frag some of them and get all kinds of other frags in trades. I got most of mine through trading. If I would have bought all I would be beyond broke.LOL

You have a decent list there! At some point maybe we should trade some frags. I have heard about people using a thermos to trade. Just fill with tank water and ship, you do the same back etc...

Yes I have done it before, actually I did nearly all my trades through the mail. Sounds good. When those scary halloweens grow out I would be interested ina frag of those. I have the rest though.

I tried setting up a trade the other day with someone on here for some of his pink zoa,s but he said he was taking them to the swap so hopefully he has one left. Always looking to add new ones.LOL

Back