Checking In

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rcpilot, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Rcpilot

Rcpilot

Hey guys n gals. Just checking in. I haven't been around for awhile.

Kids are fine. My son is recovered from his hospital stay. Got a job that's been keeping me busy. I'm doing sales and estimating for a commercial duct manufacturer. The company sells product to local wholesalers and heating contractors. I'm trying to learn AutoCAD and QuoteExpress. It ain't easy.

I've been stressed quite a bit. Bills have piled up and I'm trying to get back ahead. We should be caught up in another couple weeks. Then I can start saving some $$ again. I always freak out when my savings account gets low.

My tank is doing well. I've been keeping on top if it. My green fuzzy mushrooms have split twice in the last month. I had 2 about 6 months ago, now I've got about 8. Finally got some blue palys to perk up and start growing. I've been dosing my alk and pH every other day to keep my levels on the high side. I've started dosing Marine Snow and 2 Little Fishes trace elements every Monday. Been changing 5g every Sunday. I was hesitant to dose my tank with extra nutrients at first. I finally just said, "F*** it!" I want my tank to GROW and they weren't growing as fast as I wanted. I've noticed good growth since I started adding "food" and trace elements. Still zero nitrates. Not sure it it's from the DSB in the tank and the refugium or if it's because I change 20% of the water every week. Don't really care. :mrgreen: I got zero nitrates and I'm happy.

I've got my skimmer on a 12 ON and 12 OFF cycle. I only run it at night when the corals are sleeping. During the day, when my corals are open and feeding, the skimmer is OFF. Finally got rid of most of my hair algae. I've been growing some frags on an eggcrate rack that I bought from mag-racks.com.

FINALLY caught my 6-line wrasse that had been trying to murdalize Nemo. I built a trap--didn't work. Drained 50% of the water and took most of the rocks out--still couldn't catch the little SOB. :grumble: Finally just put some food in a net and he swam right in. :frustrat: The 6-line is in a 5g tank by himself. Would like to sell him.

Nemo survived the ICH outbreak. I bought a Flame Angel and didn't QT it. It had ICH and died around Christmas. Thought everyone else was okay, but Nemo got it. I think it was because he was stressed from being chased by the 6-line--AND it was in my tank from the Flame. Nemo never had a chance. Got the 6-line out and Nemo heeled up in a week.

Finally flew my 30% Extra. It's the best flying plane I've ever had. Plenty of power for unlimited aerobatics and it's light enough to toss around and do some really nice maneuvers without snapping out. Spring Flight training at the club starts in a couple weeks. I'm a volunteer instructor at the club and we teach all the new guys to fly. Every Thursday afternoon, we shut the field down. Only people allowed to fly are the new students and instructors. It's fun, but it takes up a lot of my time.

Thats about it. We're just hangin' in there and plodding along. Hope you are all doing well.

Rcpilot, Mar 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Rcpilot

reeffreak

I had to concentrate real hard to get through that LONGGGG post..haha.Glad you came back before one of us put up a thread on ''Where's Rc''.Its nice to know that family(including the fish) are doing well.I know life can get hectic at times but try to pop in from time to time.

reeffreak, Mar 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Rcpilot

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Happy to hear your still kickin Rc.Even happier that the kids are better.
    Post us some pics of the fish and planes when you get a chance.

yote, Mar 10, 2008
  4. Rcpilot

Bifferwine I am a girl

Great to hear from you again, RC. We were all wondering where you ran off to. I'm so happy to hear that your kids recovered from their infections.

Bifferwine, Mar 10, 2008
  5. Rcpilot

daugherty part time reefer

glad to hear the kids are doing better. and good to see you back

daugherty, Mar 10, 2008
  6. Rcpilot

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

Im very happy to hear from you RC and even more happy that your son has recovered from his illness, I actually PMed the guy that you sold your lights to on Reefsanctuary to try and see if he had heard from you. Very happy for the new job for you as well, welcome back and hope to see you posting away again soon!

RyanG, Mar 10, 2008
  7. Rcpilot

Altohombre The Tennis Pro Reefer

welcome back RC, glad everything is back to normal!

Altohombre, Mar 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question