Checking in

steelcity

Reefing newb
Hi to everyone. New to the site and hobby. Had cichlids for a long time before and during college but never salt. Moved to Tampa from Pittsburgh and have been down here for close to 2 years. Love it. Fish and dive alot.

Just recently started a 16gal bow front that was given to me. Was also given about 25# of beautiful live rock that was covered in dark purple coralline from my buddy's tank. Also has some hair algae on it. Have an Emperor 350 on the tank. My light is the Coralife 50/50 set up. (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...ting-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html ) that came with the tank. The fans are a little noisy.

I let tank cycle for a month with the live rock. All levels checked out. Added my first fish which was a 6-line wrasse. Waited a month and just added a black clown. He's about 95% black. Just needs his mouth area to turn. Also in the tank is a peppermint shrimp, 3 mexican turbo's, 2 star snails, 2 zebra hermits, 3 or 4 blue hermits (think one hitched hiked in there), one blue mushroom, and a small cluster of green button polyps.

Also on my rock I had a good amount of polyps (or what i thought were polyps). Did some research and found out that they were those nuissance anemones. Went on vacation a few days ago and noticed most of them were gone. My shrimp must have went to town on them. I really didn't notice that any were disappearing prior to vacation.

Open to suggestions/comments besides get a bigger tank. That will come down the road.

Back