chemi pure elite ?

dapple

Salty Dog
I put a bag of chemi pure elite into my system today and my water got cloudy. It was not cloudy before. I put it in my sump. It Should clear back up shouldn't it? I hope it does. All I have heard is good things about this product.

that's why its cloudy you gotta rinse it until the water runs clear b4 putting it in ur system but its no big deal should clear up soon

I used the same stuff and think its horrible. I literaly filled up 15 gal+ of water to rinse it threw my BRS dual reactor, and the water turn very cloudy! I just unplugged my reactor for now. And kinda pissed I wasted money on it.

The Chemi-Pure Elite is a decent product and will do what it says it will.BUT,it don't and never will replace a good maintenance routine.
Be sure to completely follow the instructions on the container.If it it WILL cloud your water for a while.

I used the same stuff and think its horrible. I literaly filled up 15 gal+ of water to rinse it threw my BRS dual reactor, and the water turn very cloudy! I just unplugged my reactor for now. And kinda pissed I wasted money on it.

Why not rinse before putting it in the reactor then you just have to rinse a little, and is cheaper to rinse in freshwater than saltwater, chemi pure is a good product but the GFO makes it really dirty, i rinse mine for about 5 min under running water and later put it in RO/DI water for a few minutes and dump it into the sump.

Back