chemiclean

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
well doc..... I got lazy, couldn't find the old thread and so fourth. but I spiked my tank with a little chemiclean tonight. update/before and after pics coming in a couple days!

chemiclean will take care of cyano pretty fast.Its supposed to be an oxidizer that breaks down sluge.

The chemiclean would be a last resort to my way of thinking.
The one and only time I ever used the stuff,it wiped out a colony of blue anthilia(sp?) that I had.

I would only use any chemical as a last resort... Which is why I didn't use ChemiClean for my recent cyano outbreak. I waited it out, and it went away in a few weeks all by itself. But I know Redline has been battling his for a lot longer than that, and has tried waiting it out, to no avail.

Another good way to get rid of cyano is to leave the lights off for 3 or 4 days and make sure that no outside light can get into the tank.
That will pretty much wipe the cyano out.

I am interested to see what you think about the product. It worked wonders for me. I never lost a coral using it, tho. Hope you have my luck and not Yote's

-Doc

ok so the results are in. and as promised here are the pictures! I must say I am VERY impressed with theis product. not one bbit of red slime is in my system that I can see. And some of you heard my woes about my coralife super skimmer and I not getting along because I had it in the return side of my sump, well since i had to take the canopy down to do the water change i stuffed it in the overflow and i couldnt be more happy. consistancy is the word here. But thats just a side topic..... and now back to the real subject, and pictures!

Ok so here is my tank before..... RED SLIME DISASTER!

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

here I am with the baster blowing out the majority of the slime that I can

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

and here are the after pictures..... now I do have some hair algea that i need to take care of, the ammount on the back glass and overflow will be easily removed with a razor blade, but as you can see no red slime at all! it looks so much better.

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

yeah you got me.... Plastic. I got him at the bass pro shop on the clearance rack because they accidentily ordered a saltwater decoy fish.

But seriously he is always swimming back and fourth like a mad man so its hard not to catch him mid swim to the other side of the tank.

if he keeps his parameters good, nothing will go wrong. It will stay gone. Keep those nutrients down

-Doc

Back