chichimom79's 10 Gallon

New pics
014-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

020-2.jpg

011-10.jpg

Picture time :D
Not sure about this PAR38 as far as coral growth goes. Growth seems pretty slow going. It is sustaining them nicely except for the bleaching episode with the mushroom. Oops.
005-10.jpg

021-3.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-8.jpg

012-8.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-6.jpg

016-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

Come back, Mr. Mushroom!
022-4.jpg

How high do you have your PAR38 bulb? I'm having trouble figuring out if mine is too strong or too weak based on its height.... none of my corals in my 10g are happy and I suspect its because of the light.

Thanks everyone!! I am happy with how this tank is doing. It's my cube giving me fits. I thought I would have everything transferred into the bigger tank by now, leaving this tank empty. I had planned on putting some frag racks in this tank and a tiny goby or two(not that I need a frag tank yet. All of my corals are still growing).

Fishy, the bottom of the bulb is exactly eleven inches above the water line. When I tried lowering it an inch or two, I bleached that fuzzy mushroom, which is now completely wasted away. I thought it was going to recover but it didn't. :( If I remember correctly, you got the bulb that is a step up from mine though. You might even try twelve inches. Hope that helps.

It does help - a lot! I had mine like 4 feet off the water because my corals were acting like they were being burned and getting too much light. I've since lowered it to about 2 feet off the water, but the zoas that were semi open (but not happy) closed completely, again making me think they were getting too much light. If you've had success w/ yours that close to the water line though, maybe mine aren't getting enough light. I'll leave it a few feet off the water and then lower it again in a week or so.

Just live rock, sand and plenty of water movement in the tank. Currently the tank is empty of corals and fish. Its a macro algae and pod farm at the moment. I do feel the corals would have done better in this tank with some sort of skimmer on it, but my plan was to put everything in my bigger tank anyway so I never purchased one. Thanks for stopping by my thread :)

Back