chichimom79's 10 Gallon

Tank looks great and that's an excellent looking pair of Maroon Clowns. Really like the Marroons, I have one in my 60g.

It was supposed to be a surprise! :cheerful: I actually went with Rapid LED's PAR 38 bulb. The fixture is being worked on currently and my bulb should be here today or tomorrow. I'm excited to get it hung. I had to modify the fixture a bit so that I could raise/lower it. Should be nice.

Oh, that should definitely be sweet! Just remember that you can raise the light to adjust the spread for more tank coverage. Can't wait. :)

I got my Rapid LED PAR 38 bulb today!!! WOOT!
002-1.jpg

BEFORE
007-4.jpg

AFTER
005-2.jpg

A tiny bit shaded on the sides but not too bad. Might raise it one more inch. What do you think?

looks amazing! Definitely a contender in the 10 gal contest! If it's dark on the sides, try pulling the bulb up about 6". That should increase the spread.

I raised the light a little and added a piece of my LR.
I took out the chaeto. Especially after getting the new light on I could see how much the edges were turning white and I was scared of it polluting the tank. I also caught my female clown dragging it around. No wonder it's been EVERYWHERE!
It's really taking shape now. I can't wait to get some coral! I'm thinking about a pretty ricordia first. :D
004-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

Got some great shots of the clowns.

010-1.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Not bad for a phone camera lol

I added five nassarius snails today and a blue leg hermit a few days ago. The female clown decided she was going to try to rip one of the snails little tubes off first thing :( She is a fiesty one, that Buttercup! I fed them a few pellets to distract her from the new snails. Ever heard of a snail killer clownfish? Also, are these two types of nassarius? Two of them have dark stripes on their shells and have darker tubes/feet. One of the lighter ones looks like it has a cracked shell? Is that normal? I should have looked more closely at the ones he picked out for me.
007-5.jpg

And here is my video update :)
Ten gallon update- Buttercup and Westley - YouTube

It's looking great! I have the same nass snails. The black and white ones. And I've never seen a cracked shell but if its not cracked all the way thru I'd think it would heal. It's funny her name is buttercup, she's not such a buttercup is she? Lol again it looks great!

Nice looking tank. Like the new light. Can't imagine a Maroon Clown named Buttercup. I call mine "A-Hole" cause I love being attacked while I'm trying to clean the tank. He even chases my poor Blue Damsel, can't catch him but he trys.

Those are great shots with a camera phone, I can't do that well with my Sony Cybershot piece of junk.

Nice looking tank. Like the new light. Can't imagine a Maroon Clown named Buttercup. I call mine "A-Hole" cause I love being attacked while I'm trying to clean the tank. He even chases my poor Blue Damsel, can't catch him but he trys.

Those are great shots with a camera phone, I can't do that well with my Sony Cybershot piece of junk.

Hilarious! comment haha and i really like your flat rock chichi. its a good setup:cold:(notherner signing out) haha

Back