chichimom79's 10 Gallon

Here is the replacement my LFS gave me for the feather duster incident...:grumble:
It was labeled as platygyra. Haven't been able to locate much data other than it is in the maze brain coral family. Anybody know more?
017-3.jpg

FTS
026.jpg

EDIT:How do I keep the glare out of these pics?

Those are some really cool looking clown fish! I have one regular clown in my tank now and was wondering if you can just pick another one out or do they have to be paired? Id like to have two in there.

Angie your tank has come so far along! I was looking at the very beginning of this thread and you have done great things with this tank!

Maroons are the hardest to pair. If you try it, the smaller one has to be introduced second, and it has to be a lot smaller so that it doesn't fight back. She must win dominance immediately or he will perish trying to fight her.
Luckily, my clowns came already mated up. Good luck with it :D

So I should wait a bit until mine gets a little bigger and then get a super small one of the same family? I wonder if my LFS would do a trade In deal? Hmm Ill have to stop there tomorrow and talk with them. Thanks!

Those are some really cool looking clown fish! I have one regular clown in my tank now and was wondering if you can just pick another one out or do they have to be paired? Id like to have two in there.

You can pair another clown with yours as long as its the same type and much smaller. Trying to pair different types will most often result in failure.

So I should wait a bit until mine gets a little bigger and then get a super small one of the same family? I wonder if my LFS would do a trade In deal? Hmm Ill have to stop there tomorrow and talk with them. Thanks!

Well, if you have an ocellaris clown or a percula clown, the size difference doesn't need to be quite as severe. Maroon females are just nasty little buggers. And yes, they need to be the same type of clownfish.

Well, if you have an ocellaris clown or a percula clown, the size difference doesn't need to be quite as severe. Maroon females are just nasty little buggers. And yes, they need to be the same type of clownfish.

This is only true if they are still pretty small and both male, but you cannot put two larger ones together because they will both be female.

Hey this might be a silly question but what are you using for filtration? I am thinking since I'm moving and can't get my 125 why not get a 10 or a 20 for kitchen counter!!
So that's why I am asking, just to get an idea!!

The tank is doing great all except for one head on my candy cane hasn't opened for two or three days and is just sitting there with it's mouth open. Any clue as to why it is doing this? I thought perhaps it wasn't happy where it was so I moved it. Still not happy. Maybe two Koralia 240's is too much? Any suggestions?
012-2.jpg

011-4.jpg

Back