chichimom79's 10 Gallon

Mine would look like that when I had too much flow on it, it never killed it but it didn't look any better or start growing until I adjusted the powerheads by it.

They had been in this spot for at least a week and seemed happier than ever. Could a digitate hydroid have stung it? I do have them, and they seem to be multiplying. I have read that they usually disappear after about six months....

Video Update!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trX...DvjVQa1PpcFO716lvaAMqrP87vPRBRiIAu3o_eAcO0ZM=

And I thought this shot was kind of cool...
008-6.jpg

Any suggestions for the candy cane would be appreciated. Do you think a Coral Rx dip would help it??

Everytime i see this thread i want to get maroon clowns sooo bad! next time...oh yes next time. Great looking tank btw chichi :)

If the candy cane looks like it does in the photo above, i would just move it to a new location. I dont think its in any kind of serious trouble and I wouldnt worry about dipping it

Thanks everyone!
Thanks little fish, I guess all I can do is hope that it opens back up someday. I did move it to what I hope is a better location.

I'm watching the vid update on my phone, but when you zoom in to the shrimp the background looks very starry. Looks pretty awesome!

The candy cane is still looking bad, and has developed a brown spot. I did go ahead and dip it in Coral Rx in case the spot is brown jelly. Not sure what it is :( I also picked up a frogspawn frag and some really pretty nerite snails. They threw in a dying candy cane that was being choked out by algae. Any tips for helping this guy survive?
024-1.jpg

I also found a shrimp molt this morning and a MIA shrimp. Must be in hiding. Took a few pics after having a few glasses of wine LOL Enjoy...
035.jpg

040.jpg

023.jpg

015-2.jpg

011-5.jpg

010-3.jpg

New baby zoa!!! :D

I would do 1 part H2O2 and 10 parts tank water for a soak of about 3ish minutes, and give the algae a scrub with the tank toothbrush about halfway through. You will see some bubbling, dont worry about it.

Did a big water change yesterday. The new candy cane is hanging in there and I hope will recover for me.
018-2.jpg

The other problem candy cane looks like it is deteriorating some in the center :( It does have a spot of brown on it, but that spot doesn't seem to be spreading. The new frogspawn doesn't seem to be opening up real well either. :dunno:
024-1.jpg

And my zoas are weird. One of them is thriving and reproducing, and the ones I glued to the shell are shrinking and dying... WTF?
016-2.jpg

Thinking about going to get an AquaClear or figuring out some kind of skimmer for the tank. My thought is that I am having trouble with a film on top of the tank and it's having a hard time getting oxygen circulated properly which in turn is lowering my pH. I have been dosing a small amount of kalkwasser the last few days and trying to get the surface water when I do water changes since the beginning.

Salinity is kept at 1.025-1.026
Ammonia 0
Trites 0
Trates can't get to drop below 5-10
pH 7.9, brought up to 8.1 yesterday with kalk
KH 8
calcium 420

Both tanks are frustrating me at the moment. :confused:

+1 on a power head pointed at the surface. What are you running for filtration now? And I'd get those nitrates down with multiple WC's

Back